Defending You After A DUI
Being arrested for driving under the influence is a frightening experience. You are afraid of the impact this will have on your life. You made a mistake and now you feel alone and uncertain of how to move forward.
At Caffee Law Office we will be by your side and guide you through this difficult time. We will answer your questions and fight to minimize the impact of your DUI charge.
Understanding The Penalties
A DUI charge can impact your finances, ability to drive and criminal record. We will advocate for you to reduce the impact when possible. When pulled over and charged with a DUI you face the following penalties:
- Anywhere from $150-$300 in fines, penalties and fees
- Driving privileges revoked for 6-9 months
- Spend between 5 days and 6 months in jail
- Anywhere from $300-$1100 in fines, penalties and fees
- Driving privileges revoked for at least 1 year
- Must use an ignition interlock device when you are allowed to drive again
- Spend between 1 month and 1 year in jail
- Anywhere from $600-$$2000 in fines, penalties and fees
- Driving privileges revoked for 2-3 years
- Must use an ignition interlock device when driving privileges are restored
Four or more offenses:
- Spend between 2 months and 6 years in jail
- Anywhere from $600-$10,000 in fines, penalties and fees
- Driving privileges revoked for at least 2 years
- Must use an ignition interlock device if your driving privileges are restored
Penalties can vary if you decline a chemical test at the time of your arrest. There are ways to fight the charges against you, and we will take the steps to do so when necessary.
Speak With Us Today
In order to provide the best possible defense, we need to get started right away. Contact our office in Eau Claire by calling 715-318-2533. You can schedule a free consultation with us via email submission form as well. We will investigate the stop, double check the procedures following your arrest and create a strong defense strategy on your behalf.